“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
This was one of the verses in 1 John 4:7-21 I was studying one early morning. As year goes by, I find it harder to love people. I thought I had since I put their interested above myself, I served them with patience... The list might go on but one thing I had to ask myself. Who is the source of my love? What is it based on? I realised it has been based on my ability not God. No wonder I find it harder to love. No wonder I get tired and frustrated easily. God is the source of my love. My love for others is the result of my knowledge of Him. I will have the capacity to love my friends, family and the lost one when I know God more. I knew there is one thing I need to change and that is to know Him more.

No comments:
Post a Comment