After a short briefing at the place we were staying, we were brought to the school where we will be having the camp. I could not believed that nothing was left except some structures of the building. However, before we came, a team of volunteers had finished building two buildings, a toilet and washing area where we needed for the camp.
I was with the CBN team (Christian Boardcast Network, Siam) and we are in charge of the morning sessions. Every morning we will teach the kids some action songs to get them warm up before sending them to the difference activities.
Some photos from this trip. Click to view.
An american staff was sharing with us. Many organisations have been bringing food, toys, clothes, etc. Each time they come, they will bring it to kids who are affected. Each time after bringing the things to them, they will go. However, one day they came again bringing the toys but this time the kids rejected their gifts. They asked the kids why. The kids responded, "Each time you come and bring the gift and then go. But we want you all to stay and play with us. We don't need so many toys." This story warmed my heart to know that our presence there with them mean so much to them.
Each day when we reached the school, those kids will be there waiting for us. The minutes we get off the buses, they will come running looking for the volunteers looking after them. My heart was especially warmed when one girl came in front of me and hold my hand, waiting quietly for my instruction and feeling being comfort in my presence. Today as I was sitting at my desk typing, I missed their presence. I know many are not happy and some lives in fear. I prayed that they will find the comfort that only Jesus can give.
But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14
If you or your church are interested to minister to the children in Phang Nga, you can visit this website for more information. www.welovethailand.in.th
Appreciate those who has responded to my need. Thank God for you. I am blessed to co-labour with you in this way.
With love,
Tin Tin
Agape Network

No comments:
Post a Comment