It's been a emotional trial May for me since I returned from Phang Nga. One week after I came home, I received news regarding a staff worker, Chris who was diagnosed with leukemia one year ago, had passed away. I was quiet and watching the respond of our staff in a meeting. Some were just wiping their last tears from their cheek whereas some left the room to be alone. I was quietly reflecting on this brother's life and his friendship with me. Thought I knew him since his student days time in Temasek Polytechnic, I have not know him very well. However there is somethings that I see in him, one who exhibited great leadership and one who has lots of heart for people. I was encouraged by his respond when he was diagnosed with leukemia and how he persevered through the process. I thanks God for ending his suffering and taking him home to be with Him. I really appreciated this brother who demonstrated great faith and live his life well for Him.
You can visited this site to read more about the life he impacted and his battle with leukemia.
http://www.sccc.org.sg
One week later, I was asked to go Bangkok to help produced a video report for the Global Leadership Team with another staff worker. I hesitated for a moment as I have not got a good rest since I came back and also helping out in Chris's wake. However I knew the intense of doing the productions alone, I agreed to join the video team to share the burden. It was a great time for me knowing different leaders from all over the world and working under their leadership. I felt cared being taking care of and engaging in building movements everywhere. It was encouraging to hear stories of God's work in different nations as far as Kenya and as near as Indonesia.
The trip was great as we managed to complete our first part but the returning was disappointing. That night, when I came home from the airport, I discovered the office video camera was stolen from my luggage. I was angry. I felt responsible too for leaving the camera in my luggage. I was angry with the poor security at the Thai airport, abusing the scanning process and someone who work at the airport actually tamper my luggage. However, God use this incident to teach me to face with my mistake. For two days, I felt like running away from those office people, fearing that they will scold me. I wanted to put all the blame to the Thai airport for the incident. I did all I could to get an answer from the Thai airport and claiming insurance for the lost. One thing I have not done, I have not give thanks to God. Not that I forget but I don't want to. It took me quite a while to finally surrender to God and give thanks to Him as Paul said, "in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonian 5:18)
[Now we are waiting for the travel insurance to respond regarding the lost. ]
Sunday, June 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hey, cheer up! i'm sure something good will come out of this!
encouraging to hear from you!
At least now got excuse to buy the XL2~
Hehe...
I wanna see an XL2 at least, when I come back~~ (haha, wishful thinkin)
Post a Comment