Friday, January 12, 2007

2006 Year End Thanksgiving!

Dear friends,

Wish you all a blessed Christmas and New Year. Thanks for your years of support toward my ministry with Campus Crusade for Christ. As I am reflecting on 2006, my heart was filled with thanksgiving and joy for how the Lord has led me through. I will share a preview of what has taken place...

1. Taking on a role from moblising students to moblising working adults.

2. My mission had grow from ministering to the students to the unreach community in the less developing country.

I have been praying about picking up nursing since mid 2005 as a platform to serve a larger community among the children and the elderly who are poor. I shelf it off when I was challenged with an opportunity to reach the poor by moblising working adults to serve the community using their professional skills. It was exciting to know what God is doing among the poor and challenging as I have no experience with these age group.

3. In August, my ministry among the poor was closed due to leadership transition in the organization. :-s Through all these, the Lord affirmed me the plan He has prepared for me. :)

It was fear that kept me from pursing nursing in 2006. With all these that happened, I cant run away from the fact that He is calling me out of crusade and leading me to another journey of faith.

4. Mid-October I applied for the accelerated nursing program by the strategic manpower conversion. I was accepted by TTSH for the sponsorship.

My heart was jumping with joy as I received the news. :D He constantly reminded me through Peter to "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you."

5. I went for a medical checkout required by the Hospital. I was diagnosed having a slight sign of cataract. The doctor also discovered a lump on the floor of my mouth which I was then refer to ENT for further examination.

When I heard that I was wondering what's that and being to worry.:-/ Questions started to pop in my mind. I was reminded to surrender all my anxiety to Him. Questions like is it cancer? The consultation cost shocked me. :O Do I have enough money to pay for all the expenses? Oh I don't. What should I do? :(

4. The lump on the floor of my mouth was mouth ranula, formed by the accumulation of saliva.

I was relieved to hear that it was not cancer. The doctor was surprised that i didn't noticed the lump until the doctor told me so. It has grow quite big that need a surgery to remove it. And yes now my second worry... what is the cost of the surgery and hospitalized bill? Is my insurance enough to pay for it?

5. I was thanksgiving that a portion of the bill can be settled by medisave and company insurance before my last day with crusade on 12 Jan.

It was really an eventful year end having to go through all that has happened and trusting Him over and over again for each process.

I will be under going a surgery to remove the lump on the 10 Jan 2007. Please pray...

  • that there will be no complication during and after the surgery. :(
  • provision for the extra cash needed to pay the bill that cannot be settled by medisave and company insurance.
  • for a temp job(sufficient for living and time for rest) while I wait for school term to start in April 07.
I will need to raise $3500 for the deficit in my account with Campus Crusade for Christ before I leave. Please pray and consider giving to cover this need. Appreciated your thoughtfulness and generosity toward me.

Thank you for praying and remembering me... :)

With love, :x
tintin

No comments: